Commercial New Construction
New Commercial Permit (Tri-Plex & Larger) Required Documents
The Plan Check List (PDF) must be submitted at time of plan submittal.
Site plan/survey prepared and signed by a registered Kansas design professional. This drawing will need to include the following:
- All finished floor elevations
- The dimensions and location on the lot of the building or improvement to be erected altered or enlarged
- Front elevations at property line extended to curb line
- Landscaping and/or screening, if required
- Location and actual dimensions of the lot to be occupied
- Location and dimension of any existing easements
- Location of proposed water and sanitary sewer
- Proposed drainage patterns
- Proposed erosion control features
- Proposed fence locations
- Proposed sidewalk location
- Rear lot elevations (not required for fencing plans)
Additional Information May Be Required
Additional information may be required as necessary by the Codes Administrator for any permit application, such as:
- Drainage plan
- Existing contours
- Proposed contours
Sets of Plans to Submit
Four sets of plans will need to be submitted. They can be submitted as 1 original wet stamped/signed set and 3 copies, or 1 original wet stamped/signed set and 1 thumb drive. These will be reviewed by:
- Building and Codes
- Fire Department
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Works
Plan Review Fee
You may pick up two sets once plan review is complete. All construction shall be assessed a Plan Review Fee payable at the time of submittal. The plan review fee is 30% of the building permit, subject to the minimum plan review fee of $500.
Building permits taken out after a project has been started are charged a penalty fee that is double the permit fee, up to a maximum of $500. Get more information on our Penalty Fee page.
Real Property Taxes & Special Assessments
Real property taxes and installments of special assessments against all properties within the corporate limits of the City which are owned by the applicant, and which are due and owing on the date the permit is issued, will be paid in full.
Please note: Applicant includes any person or legal entity that has an ownership interest in the parcel and any person or legal entity that will perform the work for which a building permit is issued.