Code Appeal Board
- The purpose of the Code Appeals Board is to provide for determination of the suitability of alternate materials and methods of construction or installation and in order to provide for reasonable interpretations of the city’s building, electrical, plumbing, sign, abatement of dangerous buildings, mechanical, and gas fitting codes.
- The Code Appeals Board consists of nine members, each of whom are qualified by experience, licensed through the City of Junction City Codes and Building Inspections Division, and trained on matters contained in the city’s technical codes.
- The members appointed shall be comprised of:
- 1. One (1) Master Electrician
- 2. One (1) Master Electrician
- 3. One (1) Master Plumber
- 4. One (1) Master Plumber
- 5. One (1) Master Mechanical
- 6. One (1) Master Mechanical
- 7. One (1) General Contractor Residential
- 8. One (1) General Contractor Commercial
- 9. One (1) Structural Trades Engineer
- The members of the Code Appeals Board shall serve for three year terms; provided however, that for the initial appointment, the engineer and the two builder appointees shall each serve for three-year terms, the Master Electricians, Master Plumber, and Master Mechanical of the ODD numbered appointees shall serve for one-year terms, and the Master Electricians, Master Plumber, and Master Mechanical of the EVEN numbered appointees shall serve for a Two-year term.
- Members of the Codes Appeal Board shall be appointed for terms of three (3) year with terms expiring on December thirty-first (31st) of each calendar year.
Applications shall be admitted to the Codes Administrator for review for completeness and current are qualified by experience and training to pass upon matters contained in the city’s technical codes.
The applicants will be presented to the City Manager for review.
The acceptable applicants shall be presented to the City Commission for approval
6. No more than Three (3) member’s terms shall expire at one time:
- First Members Expiration: One (1) Each Master Electrician, Plumber and Mechanical (Numerically Odd Numbers From Above)
- Second Members Expiration: Residential Contractor, Commercial General Contractor and Structural Engineer
- Third Members Expiration: One (1) Each Master Electrician, Plumber and Mechanical (Numerically Even Numbers From Above)
7. The Code Administrator shall serve as Mediator/Facilitator with no vote.
8. The Permit Technician of the Building and Codes Division shall act as Record Secretary to the Board.
9. Planning and Zoning Director shall serve as a subject matter expert for his/her discipline with no vote.
10. Chair Person shall rotate through the Board of Appeals members for a one (1) year term. Following the numerical order listed above.