Fence Permit Required Documents
- Fence Permit Application (PDF)
- Site Plan/Survey (call Code Enforcement at 785-210-2951 to check if there is one on file) - This drawing will need to include the following:
- Location and actual dimensions of the lot
- Location and dimension of any existing easements
- The dimensions and location on the lot of the proposed fence
Picking a Contractor
Fence contractors are not licensed by the City of Junction City. Be sure to check out your contractor by asking them for references.
Deciding on the Type of Fence
Some things to think about before deciding what type of fence you would like, or where you would like to put the fence up at:
- The maximum height for a fence on the front of your property is four feet, and must be 50% opacity. The maximum height for a fence on the side and rear of your property is 6 feet. The permit fee is $25.
- Fences may be constructed in, on and/or across easements. (Ordinance Number G-1081)
- It is unlawful for any person to place or keep any barb wire or sharp iron points on any railing, fence or posts within the City limits of Junction City, Kansas. (Section 220.850 of the Code of the City of Junction City)
Building permits taken out after a project has been started are charged a penalty fee that is double the permit fee, up to a maximum of $500. Learn more on our Penalty Fee page.
Real Property Taxes & Special Assessments
Real property taxes and installments of special assessments against all properties within the corporate limits of the City which are owned by the applicant, and which are due and owing on the date the permit is issued, will be paid in full.
Please note: Applicant includes any person or legal entity that has an ownership interest in the parcel and any person or legal entity that will perform the work for which a building permit is issued.