Welcome to the Junction City Public Works web page. Public Works Services includes; Sanitation (Trash/ Recycling), Sanitary Sewer Operations, Storm Sewer Operations, Street Maintenance, and Water Distribution Operations. Links on our site will take you to more detailed information on the Department's responsibilities, as well as provide more information on our services.
The Department of Public Works is located at 700 N. Jefferson Street. The office is open to assist customers Monday through Friday from 7:30 am through 4:00 pm. Phone (785) 238-7142.
We welcome your questions or comments.
The mission of the Junction City Department of Public Works dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in the City of Junction City by providing the highest quality of public works services, facilities and infrastructure to meet the needs of the community. “Customer Service First” are the words in which the department stands-by.
Goals of the Department of Public Works
- To provide quality infrastructure (Streets, Water Distribution, Sanitary Collection, and Drainage Conveyance) that conveys safe, efficient delivery of essential goods and services.
- To create a safe and accessible environment for the citizens and visitors of the City of Junction City while improving the infrastructure of the City.
- To deliver professional quality public service with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- To provide cost efficient sanitation service to the citizens and businesses within the City.
- To develop a well-trained, equipped, and skilled City workforce to ensure safe, efficient, and effective services as well as being responsive in an emergency.
Ray Ibarra, Director of Public Works (785) 238-7142 [email protected]
Glenn Rogers, Utilities Supervisor (785) 238-7142 glenn[email protected]
Jeff Roether, Street & Traffic Supervisor (785) 238-7142 [email protected]
Michael Downs, Sanitation Foreman (785) 238-7142 [email protected]
Geoff Lewis, Lead Mechanic (785) 238-7142 [email protected]
*Street Maintenance *Water Distribution
170 miles of streets 280 miles of water main
Minor Repairs Hydrant Maintenance
Street Sweeping Meter Installation/ Repairs
Traffic Signals Water Main Break Repairs
Weed Control Signage
*Snow and Ice Removal *Sanitary Sewer Collection
Street Striping 210 miles of sanitary sewer
Street Lighting Lift Station Maintenance (21 Stations)
(Downtown/ City Lots) Sewer Cleaning/Televising
*Storm Water Collection *Sanitation Collection
Catch Basin Clean-outs Trash Pick-up
Storm Sewer Cleaning Spring & Fall Clean-up (leafs, etc.)
Drainage Maintenance Special Pick-up (Large Collection Items)
Manhole Repairs Blight Clean-up (Debris Clean-ups)
*Fleet Maintenance/ Other
DPW/ Eng/ Building & Codes
Event Set-up (Sundown Salute)