Online Portal

The City of Junction City’s Online Portal is for conducting any business you may have with Building and Code Enforcement electronically.

Right-of-Way Permit Required Documents

A Right-of-Way permit is required for the following reasons:

  • Any work within ten (10) feet of or, in the easement or right-of-way of a municipal tap.
  • To cut pavements or make excavation in the street, alleys or other public ground in the City for any purpose.

To obtain a permit you will need to submit the following:

  • Right-of-Way Permit Application (PDF)
  • Site Plan/Survey (call Code Enforcement at 785-210-2951 to check if there is one on file) - This drawing will need to include the following:
    • Location and actual dimensions of the lot
    • Location and dimension of any existing easements and utilities
    • The dimensions and location of the proposed improvements

Picking a Contractor

If you are needing work for a water or sewer line, make sure you have a Plumber that is licensed with the City of Junction City. Excavators and Concrete contractors are not licensed by the City of Junction City, Be sure to check out your contractor by asking them for references.

Engineer Design Standards & Standard Details


For any work within ten (10) feet of or, in the easement or right-of-way of a municipal tap you will need to call Junction City Public Works at 785-238-7142 for an inspection. 

If you are needing an inspection for a driveway or sidewalk, please contact Kaw Valley Engineering at 785-762-5040.

Penalty Fee

Building permits taken out after a project has been started are charged a penalty fee that is double the permit fee, up to a maximum of $500. Learn more on our Penalty Fee page.

Real Property Taxes & Special Assessments

Real property taxes and installments of special assessments against all properties within the corporate limits of the City which are owned by the applicant, and which are due and owing on the date the permit is issued, will be paid in full.

Please note: Applicant includes any person or legal entity that has an ownership interest in the parcel and any person or legal entity that will perform the work for which a building permit is issued.