If your residence or business is equipped with an alarm, you are required to register your alarm. There are no costs associated with registration of the alarm unless the alarm is currently monitored by the Police Department.
Fees for responding to False Alarms
Junction City, Kansas Code of Ordinances Section 260.060
- The following fees shall be assessed alarm users who have recorded "chargeable" false alarms within a permit year:
- There shall be no fees assessed for the 1st and 2nd chargeable false alarms.
- There shall be a fee of $50 assessed for the 3rd chargeable false alarm.
- There shall be a fee of $100 assessed for the 4th chargeable false alarm.
- There shall be a fee of $150 assessed for the 5th chargeable false alarm.
- There shall be a fee of $200 assessed for the 6th chargeable false alarm.
- There shall be a fee of $250 assessed for the 7th chargeable and each subsequent chargeable false alarm.
How to Register Your Alarm
You may register your alarm by one of the following ways:
- Home Owners and Business Owners can register their alarms by coming down to the Junction City Police Department and filling out an Alarm Registration form or by contacting Lieutenant Scott Popovich via email, or at 785-762-5912, ext. 3635, where an Alarm Registration form can be emailed to you.
- Register online through the Application for Online Alarm Registration
- Download the Alarm Registration Form Word or PDF format using one of the top links and send in the form by mail, email or by dropping it off at the Police Department.
Please ensure you update all emergency contact information for your residence or business within 15 days of a change per Municipal code 260.050. You can resubmit a registration form online or by filling out a registration form and dropping it off at the Junction City Police Department by emailing the form to Scott Popovich.
For more information about Alarm Systems please refer to the City of Junction City, Kansas website.