Department of Public Works
Welcome to the Junction City Public Works web page. Public Works Services includes; Sanitation (Trash/ Recycling), Sanitary Sewer Operations, Storm Sewer Operations, Street Maintenance, and Water Distribution Operations. Links on our site will take you to more detailed information on the Department's responsibilities, as well as provide more information on our services.
The Department of Public Works is located at 700 N. Jefferson Street. The office is open to assist customers Monday through Friday from 7:30 am through 4:00 pm. Phone (785) 238-7142.
We welcome your questions or comments.
The mission of the Junction City Department of Public Works dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in the City of Junction City by providing the highest quality of public works services, facilities and infrastructure to meet the needs of the community. “Customer Service First” are the words in which the department stands-by.
Goals of the Department of Public Works
- To provide quality infrastructure (Streets, Water Distribution, Sanitary Collection, and Drainage Conveyance) that conveys safe, efficient delivery of essential goods and services
- To create a safe and accessible environment for the citizens and visitors of the City of Junction City while improving the infrastructure of the City
- To deliver professional quality public service with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- To provide cost efficient sanitation service to the citizens and businesses within the City
- To develop a well-trained, equipped, and skilled City workforce to ensure safe, efficient, and effective services as well as being responsive in an emergency
Ray Ibarra, Director of Public Works (785) 238-7142 email@example.com
Glenn Rogers, Utilities Supervisor (785) 238-7142 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacant, Street & Traffic Supervisor (785) 238-7142
Michael Imhausen, Sanitation Foreman (785) 238-7142 email@example.com
Geoff Lewis, Lead Mechanic (785) 238-7142 firstname.lastname@example.org
*Street Maintenance *Water Distribution
170 miles of streets 280 miles of water main
Minor Repairs Snow and Ice Removal Hydrant Maintenance
Street Sweeping Street Striping Meter Installation/ Repairs Traffic Signals Street Lighting Water Main Break Repairs(Downtown/ City Lots)
*Sanitary Sewer Collection *Storm Water Collection
210 miles of sanitary sewer Catch Basin Clean-outs
Lift Station Maintenance (21 Stations) Storm Sewer Cleaning
Sewer Cleaning/ Televising Drainage Maintenance
*Sanitation Collection *Fleet Maintenance/ Other
Trash Pick-up DPW/ Eng/ Building & Codes
Spring & Fall Clean-up (leafs, etc.) Event Set-up (Sundown Salute)
Special Pick-up (Large Collection Items) Airport Maintenance
Blight Clean-up (Debris Clean-ups)